Release Notes for Archiva 2.2.0
The Apache Archiva team is pleased to announce the release of Archiva 2.2.0. Archiva is available for download from the web site.
Archiva is an application for managing one or more remote repositories, including administration, artifact handling, browsing and searching.
If you have any questions, please consult:
New in Archiva 2.2.0
Apache Archiva 2.2.0 is a bugs fix release:
- NOTE: jdk 1.7 is now prerequisite with Apache Archiva 2.2.0
The Archiva 2.2.0 features set can be seen in the feature tour.
Changes in Archiva 2.2.0
- [MRM-1867] - Adding a find jar by checksum functionality to the REST api
- [MRM-1390] - Generic metadata should be searcheable in Archiva search
- [MRM-1844] - Allow LDAP groupOfNames
- [MRM-770] - Archiva web client does not recognize classifier
- [MRM-813] - Audit log is reporting "Modify File (proxied)" when no proxy connectors exist and the file has not changed
- [MRM-837] - Cannot download SNAPSHOT version
- [MRM-935] - Archiva doesn't supports artifact with <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
- [MRM-1145] - RSS tests do not correctly check responses
- [MRM-1311] - Logging in ArtifactMissingChecksumsConsumer does not appear in the logs even if configured properly
- [MRM-1486] - ldap.config.mapper.attribute.user.filter using ldap not working correctly with commas.
- [MRM-1767] - When selecting a specific repository to browse, I get an error that I don't have sufficient privileges.
- [MRM-1807] - Archiva wrapper fail to start
- [MRM-1810] - LDAP - groups config not available in Users Runtime Configuration - Properties
- [MRM-1811] - Users - Manage section: pagination needs to change
- [MRM-1846] - Regression in 2.0.1 : uniqueVersion false not supported
- [MRM-1848] - download links for files mult-dot extensions incorrect in Browse view
- [MRM-1851] - generic metadata GUI broken
- [MRM-1860] - ClassNotFound exception with JBoss
- [MRM-1863] - RepositoryGroup URL is not build using the Application URL
- [MRM-1864] - Default configuration for central should now use SSL
- [MRM-1871] - ConcurrentModificationException in DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors
- [MRM-1873] - archiva doesn't recognise ldap-group to ldap-users mapping
- [MRM-1359] - Remove Maven 1.x functionality
- [MRM-1865] - remove isPermanent from Consumer API
Archiva was started in November 2005, building a simple framework on top of some existing repository conversion tools within the Maven project. Initial development focused on repository conversion, error reporting, and indexing. From January 2006 a web application was started to visualise the information and to start incorporating functionality from the unmaintained maven-proxy project.
Development continued through many stops and starts. Initial versions of Archiva were built from source by contributors, and the first alpha version was not released until April 2007. Some significant changes were made to improve performance and functionality in June 2007 and over the next 6 months and a series of alpha and beta releases, a concerted effort was made to release the 1.0 version.
Archiva became an Apache "top level project" in March 2008.