Release Notes for Archiva 2.0.0
The Apache Archiva team would like to announce the release of Archiva 2.0.0. Archiva is available for download from the web site.
Archiva is an application for managing one or more remote repositories, including administration, artifact handling, browsing and searching.
If you have any questions, please consult:
New in Archiva 2.0.0
Some new features has been added in 2.0.0:
The Archiva 2.0.0 features set can be seen in the feature tour.
Changes in Archiva 2.0.0
Released: 19th February 2014
- [MRM-1126] - warning on changing repo location is confusing if it exists
- [MRM-1746] - build merged index for groups with a cron schedule
- [MRM-1764] - #users > edit roles -- please sort repository list for ease of use
- [MRM-1765] - #users > edit -- please sort effective roles
- [MRM-1798] - upgrade to last Spring 4.0.0
- [MRM-676] - Provide 302 redirect for latest SNAPSHOT
- [MRM-1750] - Add remote repository health check
- [MRM-1702] - Race condition caused by retrieving the same artifact from a Proxy from muliple threads
- [MRM-1761] - Returned URL in search result does not work for SNAPSHOTS
- [MRM-1762] - Upload Artifact page allows to uploading SNAPSHOT versions to non snapshot repositories
- [MRM-1766] - Clicking the ".." when browsing should take you up one level in the group chain and not "Home"
- [MRM-1769] - Can't uploads multiple artifacts of different types
- [MRM-1773] - log4j2 beta8 cause out of heap space with java-1.7.0_25
- [MRM-1776] - UI Upload. The generated pom.xml is the artifact!
- [MRM-1777] - User updating their own password doesn't gets error, but the password has not been changed.
- [MRM-1779] - pom artifacts cannot be searched on Archiva 1.4-M4
- [MRM-1780] - Filtering on Artifact Id
- [MRM-1781] - Error viewing artifact information
- [MRM-1782] - SNAPSHOTS not getting purged
- [MRM-1783] - The words "choosen" and "availables" used within the Users Runtime Configuration
- [MRM-1784] - Users Runtime Configuration - Unclear distinction between User Manager and Rbac Manager
- [MRM-1787] - Deletion of a repository, while users have the repository manager role assigned causes errors
- [MRM-1789] - Register link appears after logging in and back out even "Disable registration Link" is checked
- [MRM-1791] - ldap group mapping support for active directory
- [MRM-1793] - trailing spaces not trimmed in upload form
- [MRM-1795] - window.archivaRuntimeInfo.version is null in archiva/archiva.js
- [MRM-1796] - Can't download large archive file due to java.lang.NumberFormatException
- [MRM-1794] - update quartz to 2.x
Archiva was started in November 2005, building a simple framework on top of some existing repository conversion tools within the Maven project. Initial development focused on repository conversion, error reporting, and indexing. From January 2006 a web application was started to visualise the information and to start incorporating functionality from the unmaintained maven-proxy project.
Development continued through many stops and starts. Initial versions of Archiva were built from source by contributors, and the first alpha version was not released until April 2007. Some significant changes were made to improve performance and functionality in June 2007 and over the next 6 months and a series of alpha and beta releases, a concerted effort was made to release the 1.0 version.
Archiva became an Apache "top level project" in March 2008.