Writing a Consumer Plugin
For a sample custom consumer, you can checkout the archiva-consumer-plugin at the archiva sandbox in the SVN repository:
Below are the steps on how to create a custom repository consumer and plug it in Archiva:
- Create a project for your component.
- Declare your class or in this case, consumer as a component as shown in the example below. This should be put at the class level.
role: the interface that your class implements
role-hint: the lookup name of the component (your class/consumer)
instantiation-strategy: how your class will be instantiated
- Make sure to add the snippet below in the build section of the project's pom. This is needed to generate the components.xml.
- Package your project by executing 'mvn clean package'
- Let's say you are using the apache-archiva-1.0-bin.tar.gz to run Archiva. Unpack the binaries then go to bin/linux-x86-32/ (assuming you are running on Linux), then execute './run.sh console'. Then stop or shutdown Archiva after it started. (This is necessary to unpack the war file.)
- Copy the jar file you created in step 4 in apache-archiva-1.0/apps/archiva/webapp/lib/
- Add the necessary configurations in archiva.xml (in this case, add 'discover-new-artifact' as a knownContentConsumer)
- Start up Archiva again.